Just properties has compiled some relevant information regarding buying, selling and renting.


Buying into an owners corporation

If the property is part of a subdivision with common property such as driveways or grounds, it may be subject to an owners corporation. You may be required to pay fees and follow rules that restrict what you can do on your property, such as a ban on pet ownership.

For more information, view our Owners corporations section and read the Statement of advice and information for prospective purchasers and lot owners (Word, 53KB).



Victorian Rent Right App

If you're a Victorian tenant, RentRight provides information to help you.  Private renters in Victoria can use all parts of this app. Some of its functions can also apply to public housing tenants; for further advice, contact your local Housing office. RentRight has been developed by Consumer Affairs Victoria, the government body that regulates residential tenancies in Victoria, Australia.


Due diligence checklist - for home and residential property buyers

Before you buy a home or vacant residential land, you should be aware of a range of issues that may affect that property and impose restrictions or obligations on you, if you buy it. This checklist aims to help you identify whether any of these issues will affect you. The questions are a starting point only and you may need to seek professional advice to answer some of them.